Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wish I were there.


Mexico City hosts largest ever Frida Kahlo exhibit

Mexico. Frida. Sigh.

----------

Events closer to home:

Nebraskans for Peace is celebrating the 62nd birthday of Aung San Suu Kyi at 6 p.m. Sunday at First United Methodist Church, 50th Street and St. Paul Avenue.

From the flyer: "The program will include “State of Fear”, a video examining the Karen people along the Thai/Burmese border as well as pro-democracy members in Rangoon. It also details the conditions of Aung San Suu Kyi’s house arrest and the persecution of her family and supporters."

Suu Kyi is a living hero. I'd love to see the movie -- it's not on Netflicks. I thought it coincided with a Peace Corps event I really want to go to ... but now I see that the Peace Corps thing is Saturday, not Sunday. Which means it coincides with RC Dub at the Zoo. Decisions, decisions ... maybe I can swing all of it?

------------

Milking it for all it's worth:


A few weeks ago I committed to buying only organic milk. It's no small thing for me -- it's twice the price of "regular" milk, and I drink a LOT of milk. But it's a relatively easy way to live my politics. And I don't want the BGH and antibiotics, either.

Check out the Bovine Bill of Rights at cowsunite.org. Cheesy (no pun intended), but inspiring.

------------

In other dairy news:

Beware the driver of your neighborhood ice-cream truck!

4 comments:

Professor Howdy said...



Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!

Anonymous said...

I find that when I buy milk, even the smallest containers, I usually end up throwing most of it away. Wasteful, I know. Ironically, it was a calcium supplement I broke my tooth on this past Monday afternoon. Ouch. Someone last night was telling me about this great restaurant in Lincoln I was going to ask you about now I've forgotten the name. Argh!

Miz N. ;-)

Lincoln Writer said...

Wow -- that *is* irony. Drink your milk, misy! And let me know your L-town plans. Was the restaurant the Blue Orchid? Or maybe Dish?

Lincoln Writer said...

Oh, wait -- I think I'm thinking of the wrong Miz N! You likely have no L-town plans. but you should!