Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm hot, and cheap.

Not nearly as titillating as it sounds* ... just came home to a thermostat that says 82 degrees, but I'm reluctant to turn on the AC ...

(*Believe me -- a sweaty and poor Becki is not a sexy Becki!)

------------

In other prurient news:

Based solely on his mug shot and his badass writing, I've developed a ginormous crush on Bob Nelson over at the World Herald. Enough so that I've actually emailed a former coworker, now at the Weird, to see if he's straight/single. Good lord. Nothing but embarrassment can come from this.

------------

(edited/removed)

------------

Badass Bitches Dept.:



There's a Lincoln-area woman in this very feminist calendar -- not cheesy cheesecake pinups, but hardworking, talented, knowledgeable women working on engines.

Could've used one earlier today, because ...

------------

Glass Half Full Dept.:

Hopped in the car this morning to find the engine wouldn't even turn over -- not even a cranky whine. The annoyance of calling roadside assistance and the dealership, then the wait, then the shuttle to/from work ...

Just needed a new ignition switch. All covered by warranty. And got a much-needed car wash and vacuuming to boot. Bonus!

------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can give you all the information you want on Bob Nelson. We were at the DN together. Somewhere I’ve got some b&w prints of him in a toughman contest he entered at Pershing for a story. He got his ass kicked. One of Eric's funniest college is stories is about himself and Nelson.

However, Bob is married and has children.

Sorry.

William

Anonymous said...

Forgot: Women have no idea what men think is sexy.

WL

Lincoln Writer said...

Yeah, I already got the scoop. I don't have many dealbreakers in the dating sphere, but married w/kids is at the top of the list! Alas, the crush must be limited to the writing ... giving him a column is the best move the Weird's made in ages.

And I know *exactly* what men think is sexy ... unfortunately, I have all my teeth, I'm over 3 feet tall and my head isn't flat.