Sunday, June 10, 2007

Clematis -- the name's always sounded a little dirty to me.


This clematis (I suspect it's Jackmanii, even though it's so early), along with some Japanese honeysuckle and a rambling rose, are finally starting to fill in the chain link fence to give some privacy from the neighboring driveway/thoroughfare. They're an adorable family, but the driveway is their toybox/junk pile/day care center.

Neighbors across the street spent a good half-hour today hosing off the driveway for the second day in the road. The kind of waste that irritates me.

I, meanwhile, pulled weeds by hand and felt more than a little self-righteous in knowing that no chemicals have purposely touched this property -- including the unreasonably lush, green back lawn -- in the nearly two years I've owned it.

And mowed down our little pot of cilantro. It looks like it's bolting already -- tall, spindly, ferny leaves instead of nice fat leaves. Anyone know what gives?

-----------

What else I did today:

Finally got my bike's odometer working correctly.

For those of you keeping track: My house to Eagle and back is 31.3 miles.

I love Sunday mornings. MoPac is my church. The rest of the day feels so much more peaceful when it starts with a ride.

Now we need to find a Thursday to do the taco run!

-----------

Gift idea:

Miz K needs a baby gift for her new nephew. May I suggest this lullabicious collection?

Fuh-reaky!

------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miz B, thanks for being such a positive influence on me. Because of you, I've developed this new appreciation for plants. While I'm far from the Green Goddess you are, I've actually planted things and cared for little green things in the past two months. That is a big step for me.

I have also begun riding my bike. The seat kills my enormous fanny, and Jeremy says I need to go shopping for a new bike (I'm riding the same bike I got in elementary school), but I'm riding...somewhat.

Thanks for your contributions in making me a happier, healthy little me :-)

Lincoln Writer said...

Terribly sweet of you, darlin! But you're the one doing all the work. Believe me, if you had daily, in-person contact with me, you would see how I am SO not a good role model!

mmm ... new bike would mean incentive ... what are you looking for? I have to admit I LOVE my JezeBelle ...