Monday, February 19, 2007

Mind candy.

--------------

Lately I have been focusing too much on what I want and don't have ... and not enough on what I do have and what I can be doing. Mismanaging my personal energy.

"Today I will begin" ... to stop that shit.

--------------


My nightstand is one of my favorite spots in the house. I'm ridiculously vain about what it says about me.

These are the books currently in rotation. I'm about midway through every single one. Sometimes because what I read depends on the mood I'm in; sometimes because a fresh, new title entices me away from my current read. Some are "comfort reads" ... old favorites I return to like a security blanket when I need the reassurance of familiarity. Others never make it onto the pile because I gobble them up like chocolate-chip cookies.

Haphazard, yes. I read like I live -- all over the place, without discipline and with abandon.

Today I agreed to write a review of Betty Levitov's new book. To the bathtub, to begin!

--------------

Quote of the day:

“I dwell in possibility.” — Emily Dickinson

--------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeay books! I am treating today like a Saturday. I get to read books I have actually selected all by myself off of a shelf to read (what a break from school reading). Today feels like Christmas in spring (another yeay for the quickly melting snow).