Thursday, February 8, 2007

Let's be friends.

I have a Myspace page. Don't know that I'll do anything with it, but if you have one, too, then add me to your friends list, and I'll add you to mine. And then we'll get, like, really really popular? And, like, all the other Myspace dorks will, like, be totally jealous? And then, we'll have, like, haters? And then we'll be, like, totally, totally like Paris 'n Britney? Which, like, I already am anyway, 'cuz, like, I don't wear panties either?!? Totally.

-----------------

Laugh of the day:

A good friend (trying to maintain some semblance of anonymity here) has a 4 1/2-year-old daughter. The other day, said daughter announced she had a list of qualities that would make for a marriageable man. (Much as said friend once shared with me her list of "dealbreakers" in her own search for a man, highbrow and intellectual qualities all, except for the firm specification of "no dogs.")

The young lady's list:

1. "He must be smart."
2. "Kind"
3. "Genewous"
4. "Funny ... like Xxx" (insert name of mama's man here)
... and ...
5. "A good source of protein."

Mama says obviously her young'un was just tossing in things she knew were good for her. But I about pulled an ab muscle laughing at that.

And it officially goes on my list as well. All future prospects (not that there are any left in this town; I have once and for all exhausted the local dating pool) will have to submit to my checklist. Gainfully employed? Check. Relatively healthy? Check. Firmly unattached and available? Check.

"Now ... would you say you're a good source of protein? Are you prepared to prove it?"

Especially important for us vegetarians -- we must take our protein where we can find it!

-----------------

Quote of the day:

"However you are currently living your life is what people are going to remember you by." -- Miss Nealy

No comments: