Thursday, March 1, 2007

Would somebody PLEASE ...

... turn off the fucking SNOW MACHINE?

And maybe turn up the external thermostat?

It's March, for fucks' sake!

Grateful for the moisture ... but can't we have it in liquid form? Some sunshine on the side would be nice, too. ...

----------------

Amy Goodman also interviewed Seymour Hersh, yesterday on "Democracy Now!" You can read or listen here.

Nebraskans For Peace plans a protest tomorrow (Friday) at UNL's law school, where the StratCom commander is speaking. StratCom supposedly already has drawn up plans for a "pre-emptive" air strike on Iran.

Gather at 8 a.m. outside the law school’s main building (McCollum Hall) on UNL's East Campus.

----------------

The writing. It's slow. Let's just say I lack discipline. I blame it on a lifetime of multitasking; now, when I need to focus on doing one thing, my brain doesn't know how to shut out all of its other synapses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to the snow comment!

Lincoln Writer said...

Took me about an hour to clear my walks -- heavy and wet, and I channel my anger into a decent upper-body workout. And into the chirpy passerby who giggled, "Wow,you're not making much progress, are you?" Spoken like someone with the luxury of someone else to clear her walks.

Then my power went out.

And yeah, it's all pretty, all Narniafied, but the beauty is the source of its evil. It's like a newborn -- the cherubic face, chubby thighs, the baby smell, they cause otherwise rational adults to say "Yeah, I can do this. I WANT to do this!"

In December I was all about bouncing baby winter on my lap, crooning "Who's the pretty one? Who is? You are, that's who!"

Now I've had it with her. I just want to toss her in the dumpster on the way to the nearest bar.

pohl said...

Lol, "Narniafied".

I couldn't agree more. Right down to the dumpster-tossing.

BlankPhotog said...

That winter queen's a biotch. She hits white, but she sticks brown.