Friday, March 2, 2007

Return to the modern world.

How am I gonna live in a thatch hut remote in a developing country when even 14 hours without Internet access gives me the shakes? Technician came armed for interior battle ... then saw the cable sagging under the weight of a snow-covered evergreen bough. Have I mentioned that I'm done with winter?
-----------------

"This American Life" in 3-D living color! It comes to Showtime starting March 22. Who's gonna tape it for me?? Please???


Ira Glass is even geekier-looking than I'd imagined. Adorable.
--------------

Sign Code Pink's petition to the U.S. Security Council protesting any U.S. military action against Iran.
-----------------

Happy birthday, John Irving! A salute to the creator of the first fictional character to capture my girlish adoration. I had a true, passionate and vivid crush on Garp, circa 8th grade ...


--------------