Sunday, March 18, 2007

Oink if you had a great weekend.

And so, "oink!" I say.

Friday night we went to see the inimitable Billy Bacon @ The Zoo. We danced. We drank. We danced. We drank. I confessed my longtime crush to my favorite Self-Righteous Brother -- a crush that was later dimmed when he called me a "stone cold fox" on our way out the door. Who says that? Was I missing some ironic '80s lingo?


We were looking pretty hot, though -- no?


Even better, on Saturday I ordered a new addition to the household. Miz K and the nice manager at Blue's helped me test-drive quite a few, and I went with the best I could afford -- a new Trek 4500. Rock Shox/80mm on a teensy 14-inch frame and thinner tires than the standard issue. Compared to my old behemoth, she's completely effortless and weightless.

Poll of the day: What shall I name her? Thinking to keep with the French theme (Lola = la casa; Suzette = Miz K's ride). Fifi, maybe? Or Jezebel, which no is not French but is kind of naughty so I like it ... Thoughts?

She'll be coming home by the weekend. Oh, I hope it's nice Saturday ... we'll open our Wilderness season and grill out in the evening on the new Weber I scored at a yard sale in the brother's ritzy 'hood ...

-----------

Here's to not reaching Year 6.

It's the fourth anniversary of the beginning of the USA’s war against Iraq. In all the excitement, I missed the Saturday vigil in Lincoln.

But: If you're in Omaha on Monday, Nebraskans for Peace will hold a peace vigil 4-6 p.m. at the footbridge over Dodge Street, just east of UNO’s campus. After the vigil: A gathering at McFosters, 38th and Farnam, 6:30-9:30 p.m.

-----------

When's the last time you cried over a book?


I just finished "A Farewell to Arms." Even I saw it coming -- and I don't like to let myself see it coming. But even though I knew, I didn't *want* to know, and so when I did know I cried.

-----------

Welcome to the Terrordome.

Public Enemy was the free SXSW concert this year (see video below). Why, oh why, do I never commit to going to Austin in March? Crappy video but worth a listen just to hear Chuck D chanting "Fuck Dick Cheney! Fuck Condoleezza!

4 comments:

BlankPhotog said...

In answer to your questions... Yes, yes and yes!

Also: Emmanuelle.

Lincoln Writer said...

Too '80s softcore ... thanks for the input, tho!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, look at the pretty ladies! :)

Anonymous said...

My pseudo-uncle once told my mom she had "a Jezebel spirit." I think she took it as a compliment.