Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Oops. I did it again.

(The Richard Thompson version)

Last night's post burst forth in a fit of righteous indignation and misplaced belligerence.

If you know me, you know I have political opinions. It's not simply my right but my duty as a citizen.

However, for personal reasons, it's currently not smart for me to share them in a forum that could be perceived as public.

So if you're looking for political commentary here, you've come to the wrong place.

For now, anyway.

------------

I'm still looking for all y'alls summer soundtracks, though, so feel free to share them here.

And New Jersey, I'm still curious about you! Present yourself!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Bedminster, NJ?? if your are a little tipsy and are slurring your words it just might sound like - Bed-Mister.

oddly, Bedminster is 11 miles from my aunt's place in Pottersville, NJ (thanks mapquest!) and i'm fairly certain i've driving through the little village at some point. small world.

a couple summer soundtracks/songs:
- The Go-Go's: complete collection
- k.d. lange: ingenue
- anything by the B-52's
- anything by Bob Marley, especially "Jammin'"
- John Mellencamp: Jack & Diane
- Bryan Adams: Summer of '69
- UB40: Red, Red Wine
- Summertime: DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
- Don Henley: Boys of Summer
- New Order: Republic
- Grease: the soundtrack (oh, sandy!)

Lincoln Writer said...

That's like the summer nostalgia soundtrack. How could I forget the Go-go's? And Marley???

For me, "Summer of 69" will always be the boy who lived behind us growing up, who loved the Cubs and who used to hide with me, outside the acknowledged boundaries of Hide N Seek, so we could make out.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll have to be quicker if I want to read the political commentary. Damn.

Lincoln Writer said...

Oh, believe me, AJ ... I have much more interesting things to update you about!

Political stuff is all linked to the latest office brouhaha.

Speaking of which: Some interesting gossip in your own office, from what I understand!