Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bored, lonely, tired.

------------


So Miz K is gone. It's hard to get used to having the house to myself. (Easier to get used to having the fridge and the medicine cabinet!) I still keep expecting her to come in the back door. She's on a great new adventure ... she inspires me to get my own ass in gear on the adventure front, and I'm so looking forward to seeing Tucson for myself in November.

------------

The Divine Miz Em and I had our long-anticipated girlz weekend. Had to downgrade the terminology from "vacation" when I realized I couldn't afford to take her any farther than O-Town. 'Twas good, though; met her criteria of "vacation" -- a hotel with a pool.

After several trips in and out of said crowded hotel pool, I happened to catch a glimpse of my backside. My swimsuit bottoms are so old, they're worn to see through ... right down the crack. What to do but laugh?

Em was so enthusiastic about Henry Doorly Zoo ... "This is the best day ever!" she kept saying. She got a pretty good photo of one of the big cats:


Jam "Concentration" at Village Inn on a Sunday morning:


Miz Em slamming out a short story on auntie's Macbook at Blue Line Coffee:


------------

CodePink is holding actions in Omaha and Lincoln on Tuesday against Sen. Ben Nelson's votes on the Iraq war:

8:30 a.m.: Vigil in front of Nelson's office, 7602 Pacific St, Omaha; 9 a.m. Peace-In inside his office

4 p.m.: Vigil in front of Nelson's office, 100 Centennial Mall North, Federal Building; Lincoln, 4:30p.m. Peace-In inside his office, Room 287

------------

Joke of the day (credit Longstinger):

Q: what's a Wall Street Journal reporter's favorite
wine?

A: Rupert Murdoch's buying my paper, waaaaaah!

------------

Quote of the day (credit Miz K, and boy does this describe where I'm at):

Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it. -- Michel de Montaigne

------------

1 comment:

BlankPhotog said...

Waaah! Indeed. I'm more inclined to waah about Ms. M(issing) than about Mr. M(urdoch).

What's with this Prairie Fire newspaper? Whaddya know about it?