Friday, July 13, 2007

Another chapter by Miss Cellanea.

Photo of the day:


Which doesn't exactly make me want to join the fight for a women's running of the cows, to compete with the running of the bulls at Pamplona.

------------

Hooeee, was this a disturbing movie!

Good soundtrack, though.

-------------

For the second time in a week, some cute boy has complimented and fussed over my badass bicycle. Now that is a benefit I hadn't considered when I bought it.

------------

The other day I spotted my first sweet corn stand of the season.

Then Miz Amy came by that evening with a lovely bowl of tomatoes from her garden ... cherries and "Fourth of July," which are simply perfect, sweet and meaty and just a bit bigger than a golfball.

Then I realized I must have tomatoes of my own ripening out by the fence. SO I went out and there they were. Seems like a week ago it was full of little yellow flowers with a little green ball here and there. Now the green balls are everywhere, several have started to color and a few are full-fledged red. I like to put them on the roof of my mouth, still warm from the sun, and squish them with my tongue. "Supersweet 100s" ... my all time favorite.

------------

Bad News: O Asian Garden has closed -- the whole thing, market, restaurant and all. My fault once again ... I haven't been there in ages, and hadn't even had a chance to try the sushi bar they put in over the winter.

------------

Also my fault: Thanks to my near-constant use, "ginormous" is now recognized by the fine folks at Merriam-Webster Dictionaries. What's next, fantabulous?

------------

Can anyone explain to me how one can accuse someone of rape, and be expected to testify without using the word "rape"? Anyone? Bueller?

----------

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My high school Spanish teacher dressed up as a man and ran with the bulls years ago. Makes for a great story, but not appealing to me.

Moda di Magno said...

That was the single best image from the running of the idiotic men.(Or as Keith Olbermann puts it "The annual festival of animal abuse in Pamplona, Spain...) That photo should be the thing that cures many of our nearest and dearest (and stupidest) from fantasizing about the RotIM.

BlankPhotog said...

I'm sure if they can't use "rape" they won't be allowed to use "ginormous" either.

Never went to O Asian Garden... Someone ordered me some food from there once though, tofu that smelled like wet dog, unfortunately.

I'm hoping to get some actually good tomatoes this weekend! But no corn. I prefer eating chips to the cob variety. Also, I'm beginning to question why ethanol should be so heavily subsidized, same as you.... Imagine how much we could save in food transportation costs if we bought locally from truck farms!

Lincoln Writer said...

The costs of food transport -- the carbon footprint, or whatever it's called -- is the main point of that Kingsolver book. You might like it -- want to borrow?

BlankPhotog said...

I'd like to look at it, sure! :)