Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Medical clerance rant.

(w/TMI warning for those of the male persuasion)

PC approved my medical with the caveat that I need a pap every six months. That would put me at a June 4 appointment ... when I'm slated to leave June 8. So I went ahead and had one a couple of weeks ago.

Got the results yesterday. Same as the past several ... low-grade, nondysplasic, abnormal cells. Nothing I didn't expect, but it means another colposcopy, which means more money, more waiting and more worrying that this will keep me from getting on that plane in June.

Spoke with the PC nurse yesterday and she said everything's fine, just send in the biopsy results when I get them.

But woke this morning to an email message that I again have a medical hold on my PC status.

Angus on the PC Africa desk assures me that applicants often have a hold right up to the day they leave, and that as long as I can give PC medical what they need, even at the very last minute, I'll be good to go.

So I shouldn't worry.

But you know I do!

4 comments:

Krista said...

this situation launched into the absurd long ago. sorry for the continued complications. no pain, no gain - right?

Lincoln Writer said...

Meh ... I feel pretty confident it'll work out, now that I know I'll get the colp report well in advance of takeoff and that it's not unusual to go right down to the wire on med clearance.

But I see I was so into the rant that I couldn't spell "clearance" correctly! lol ... think I'll leave it ...

Anonymous said...

Absurd and launched are good words.

Waddya say other than don't call me Clarence, clearance, what?

Anonymous said...

That's so frustrating! Soon it will all be over and you'll be off to your adventurous life. : )

--Nealy