Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good news comes in twos.


Good news, Part 1.

Accepted an offer on the house yesterday. It's pretty good. And such a relief to have that taken care of before I leave.

My Lola's been such a good little house. I'll miss her. But she's helping me get where I'm going next.

Good news, Part 2.

The colposcopy report came back today. NO dysplasia. NOTHING to keep me out of PC. Haven't gotten confirmation yet from the PC nurse that my medical hold has been cleared, but absolutely no reason to expect otherwise.

I feel a little foolish, now, for being so anxious this past week. But really, when one thin line can mean all the difference in what happens next in life, it's hard not to obsess over that line.

Y'all helped keep me sane. Thank you.


Currently reading:

"The Memory of Running" by Ron McLarty

Who lent me this? I was sure it was William (which made such perfect sense, and you should read it Wm!). If it was you, let me know so I can return it. It's been a lifesaver -- the only way I could get out of my head the past few days. Riveting story, timely message. Highly recommended.

6 comments:

BlankPhotog said...

I am so relieved on count #1, and hopeful on count #2!!!

But I knew, KNEW that you'd make some lemonade either way everything went. :)

Krista said...

wooohoooo...such splendid news! i'm elated for you. congrats!

pohl said...

This is great news! I'm especially glad you managed #1. That's huge. I'm still working on selling mine. (Getting closer to getting it on the market.) Your news fills me with hope.

vmh said...

I am so happy for both of these! Awesome!!

Vicky

Melissa said...

Well I guess that means your wheels are up and you're pretty much ready to take off. I couldn't be happier for you!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you're getting jerked around every other week. I just got back from a week in DC and parents here before that, but I'm here if you need to run away to Omaha for a break.