Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good fortune? When?


This was the message inside the fortune cookie William gave me along with free sushi leftovers.

I have no doubt my next adventure will be a good one, but when, exactly will it begin?

Trying my best to cultivate patience. But it is so not in my nature.

This morning, I got an email update:

"Peace Corps sent you an important letter regarding the status of your application on January 29, 2008. Please review the contents of the letter and contact the Peace Corps if you have questions."

WHY would they not just email the content of the letter? I'm on pins and needles here!

My recruiter doesn't have access to any info. At first she thought it might be my invitation, but on rethinking realized it's likely way too early for that.

The placement office in D.C. at least was able to tell me it's a message from the medical office.

So I emailed my medical officer, who responded with this extremely helpful message:

"The letter will inform you of the status of your medical review. "

My online application still shows a "hold" on my medical clearance. I can only assume that they need more information. But why tease me this way? Why not just let me know what they need from me? Why email me to let me know they've snail-mailed me?

Or, as once again I immediately jump to the worst-case scenario, are they writing to let me know my services are not needed -- not now, not never, nohow?

OK, OK ... all I can do is wait. Patience. If I can't call upon it now, how will I cope in another world?

4 comments:

Lincoln Writer said...

Well, I've gotten some more information already. It's not good. I'll post more when I feel ready to share.

Krista said...

big, big hug to you! whatever the outcome, your future has much adventure!

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted.

As an aside, I noticed one of your lucky numbers is 28.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I shall patiently await to hear. Bad news sucks : (

If it helps, I love you lots and lots!!

nealy