Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Peace-full.

I got the call today. I've officially been nominated to the Peace Corps.

Sub-Saharan Africa, May 2008, public health.

Assuming I pass all the medical tests and get enough volunteer experience over the next six months.

In a slight state of shock, I suppose, but mostly I just feel really, really peaceful -- no pun intended.

This feels very right.

Start saving your travel fundage now -- plane fare to Africa ain't cheap, but I'll show you an amazing time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I've told you already, I am so proud and excited for you!! You are my heroine! I have my passport and I definitely will visit you!!!

Krista said...

Congratulations a thousand times over!!! I am beyond excitement for this amazing opportunity before you. You are so very deserving and I so look forward to hearing about your adventures. Truly, I'd need a several lifetimes to show you how much I love and support you!

Te amo, mi amiga! Te amo!

vmh said...

Congratulations! Very cool indeed.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Becki, I'm so happy for you! Good luck with all the tests, paperwork, volunteer work, etc. over the next few months. Can't wait to hear more about it. Hope to see you soon!
Nicole

Jill McNamara said...

congrats, again! so proud! you'll be the perfect peace corps volunteer!!

BlankPhotog said...

Congratulations! I wonder where this experience will take you?