Saturday, October 27, 2007

Giving up the ghost.

My darling friend Miz N sent me her annual Halloween mix CD this week. It rocks! If she posts her own playlist, I'll link to it. (and she has!)

I am lazy this year, so no mix for y'all. But here's what I'd do if I *were* to make a mix. Feel free to DIY.

The Devil Never Sleeps / Iron and Wine
Candy Everybody Wants / 10,000 Maniacs
Howl at the Moon / Tijuana Gigolos
Night of the Living Dead / Tilly & the Wall
People Who Died / Jim Carroll Band
Witches / Cowboy Junkies
Deathly / Aimee Mann
Ghost Ranch / Beck
Happy Phantom / Tori Amos
The Hungry Wolf / X
The Devil Had a Hold on Me / Gillian Welch
The Moon Is Shining / Indigenous
I Wish I Was the Moon / Neko Case
Devil Boots / Mark Sandman
Wicked Ways / Garbage
This Devil's Workday / Modest Mouse
Devil in My Car / The B-52's
Moondance / Van Morrison
Ghost Of Yesterday / Billie Holiday
Dark as the Dungeon / Johnny Cash
Pink Moon / Nick Drake
Zombie / Fela Kuti

A bit too long for one CD, I s'pose ...

2 comments:

BlankPhotog said...

OK, I've heard about this on NPR and now heard a couple songs... It's the new CD from Alison Krauss and Robert Plant! I think it's right up your alley. :)

Lincoln Writer said...

I heard that, too. (See newest posting!) But it was actually, to me, the least desirable of all the songs featured on that podcast. Love Alison Krauss. But I'm more a Jolie Holland girl ... "Poor Girl Blues" is one of my many theme songs ...