Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lady Lazarus lives yet again!

My iPod is a hypochondriac, I think. Only three years old and she's already had battery replacement surgery (scalpel wielded by Dr. William) and a wholesale resurrection (under the healing hands of Mark the Juggler).

Now, every so often, she just freezes up -- unresponsive, catatonic. Every time, I'm sure this is it -- I'll have to put her in a shoebox and bury her in the back yard.

But if I ignore her for a few weeks, then try reconnecting with her, she's suddenly perky and acting as if nothing ever happened.

Obviously, she's a female.

(See, guys, I can say this -- you can't).

Her namesake, btw, one of the first poems I really heard when I read it, back in junior high. Fantasizing about living the tortured, creative writer's life, drinking vodka straight up and falling into bed with older men. Alas, the reality not nearly so alluring ...

------------

Stupidity in advertising, Part 1

Does anyone else find this ridiculous?


"70% organic"??? What's the other 30%? Where does the one end and the other begin?

------------
Stupidity in advertising, Part 2

Why does this exist? My god -- even I'm not this fucking lazy or unnourished.

------------

3 comments:

BlankPhotog said...

I'm constantly amazed at my Ipod's ability to play and play without a battery recharge. And it's a cheapo!

As for 70% organic, clearly the other 30% is packaging. :) Mmm-mmm-good!

Anonymous said...

Will diet Coke with viamins turn your pee yellow?

William

Lincoln Writer said...

No, but it'll make you test positive for steroids...