Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The final countdown.

Won’t pretend I haven't had my freakout moments, but the past few days have brought also a sense of calm. I’m ready. It’s long past time to move forward and into this new phase of my life.

My last days in Lincoln have been busy, but with plenty of fun mixed in. A lovely going-away party yesterday eve, with all of my favorite Lincoln ladeez. Homemade sushi night with the adorable Miz Amy. Some relaxing days with the family. A couple of last nights out on the town.

In between all my last-minute adventures, trying to pack myself into two bags and a carryon. I’ve become fairly ruthless about downsizing yet again; a sense of freedom increases with every item I set aside. Can you believe I’ve jettisoned books? It’s true! Don’t worry too much … I’m told Morocco’s Peace Corps office has the best library in the organization.

The Mizzes Amy, Cinnamon and Melissa have been so generous to me this summer … offering up their homes, their vehicles and their attention. Even better, they’e each helped me indulge in last-minute cravings for Mexican food … or at least chips and salsa with margaritas. And of course Miz Krista’s moral support from too many miles away. And everyone else who has given me a boost along this past year’s path … thank you! I’m bringing y’all along on this new journey.


Shwiya b shwiya.

The new blog is up and running at http://shwiya-b-shwiya.blogspot.com (note those hyphens).

I’m not sure whether I’ll keep posting here or not. Maybe when I need to vent in ways I don’t necessarily want to share with everyone who’s in on the new site. But for now, look for me in my new home.

Thank you for reading thus far. Hope you’ll change the channel to stick around for the coming adventure.

No comments: