Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Let's party!

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the pah-tay tonight!

Besides the luxury of Miz K's presence, we just found a new reason to celebrate.

My placement officer called today. She's found me a new placement, and the invitation should arrive within a couple of weeks.

North Africa (I'm pretty sure it's Morroco). Youth development -- teaching English, healthy lifestyles and civic development. Leave Sept. 6.

Not at all the region or the work I'd envisioned when I first started this whole process. But I can see so many opportunities. I'm possibly even more excited than I was when I got the Tanzania invite!

Life works out. Thank you all for riding along on my emotional roller coaster.

Now I can enjoy a summer of soaking up all my lovely Lincoln peeps, researching my new home, maybe getting a head start on learning some Arabic. And maybe work in another trip to Tucson!

For those of you being held hostage tonight -- surely that's the only excuse for missing the party! -- don't forget Billy Bacon and the Forbidden Pigs at the Zoo on Friday night. It'll be Miz K's last night in town. Let's send her home with una mas cerveza!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Good news and a PARTY to boot!
See you tonight.

Anonymous said...

Yay! And now you can come visit the beach when I get back? I'm working to soon be out of the crime-scene apartment.

That's such good news. I'm so happy everything is working out!!

-nealy

Jill McNamara said...

fuck yeah, morocco! how sweet! i knew something would work out. congrats lady, you totally deserve the awesome placement. and i'm still coming to visit you.

Lincoln Writer said...

Thanks for the love, y'all ... and yes, my door will be open to all you lovely ladeez!