Monday, November 12, 2007

Whither goest Winona?


My plans to stalk the role model of my youth have been dashed. It seems Winona Ryder has backed out of the movie being filmed around Louisville/Plattsmouth. I *so* wanted to be Winona circa "Reality Bites." She was so tiny and impish and impulsive ... Audrey Hepburn for the slacker generation ...

Just tonight, a relatively new friend asked whether I'd ever had short hair. I had 2-inch long locks for most of my adult life. I was striving for Winona, but I think I just came off as butch.

I forget that so many people in my life now don't know the "old" me. Even I have a hard time remembering her. Part of me wonders who I'd become if I were to cut my hair ... it grew out just as I grew into myself, and as a result I think I've given it a Samsonesque quality.

Meanwhile, the stranger who was the husband to the "old" me gave me a birthday gift tonight ... a Tshirt that says "Holy Crap! I'm 40!" Just the gift to pick up at The Wal-Mart along with a case of Old Milwaukee on your way to the big birthday bash at the trailer park.

In related news, Miz K informs me via TM that she cut her hair off this weekend. I'll get to see for myself in a few days ... I take off Wednesday evening for Tucson. Can't wait to see the town, the lovely little abode ... but most especially Miz K herself!

I plan to be hiking a nearby mountain on my 40th birthday. And no, I won't be wearing that damn T-shirt.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I insist that you wear that t-shirt!! It's a must for the scrapbooks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I always thought you were pretty darn cute with short hair. But then again, you're always gorgeous!

Hmm. I wonder what the evolved me will look like.

Have loads of fun with Miz K!!

Anonymous said...

Hair is overated.

It's odd: I check your blog everyday but this post didn't show up for me until today (Thursday).

WL

Anonymous said...

I disagree... hair is underrated!